Sunday 17 June 2012

30,600,000 Google search results

The issues associated with the war in Iraq reflect the downfalls of the human condition. The course of events that followed 9/11 exposed the dangers of media persuasion and the risks individuals and countries alike will take for a chance at power.

I chose to blog about the war in Iraq, because I was fascinated by the complexity of the issue. The answers to my questions took time and care to answer. Exploring the root causes of the war in Iraq, although difficult, was rewarding. Through my studies, I gained a greater understanding of the complexities of International relations and began to view the similarities between the U.S. and Canada in a new light. While skimming through 30,600,000 search results, countless books, and hundreds of database articles drove me crazy; in the end it paid off.

I strive to be a responsible, educated, "conscious" person and global citizen. In order to accomplish that goal, I have to gain an understanding of how the world works. I know that as time goes on so will the course of human evolution. I sense and see the changes that are occurring in the World. I often wonder about the future and think about the responsibilities and "burdens" that lie ahead for my generation. I believe that history repeats itself. Consequently, I believe that understanding history is an integral part of preparing for the future. In studying the war in Iraq, I have learned not only of atrocities that once took place; but also of viable solutions for a peaceful future.

No comments:

Post a Comment